Making a bid for Biochemical Society support of a science colloquium
The Meetings Committee of the Biochemical Society invites its Special Interest Groups, academic research departments, individuals and other groupings of scientists to submit bids for the funding of proposed colloquia.
This paper lists the information that should be contained within a proposal to the Meetings Committee for funding to support a scientific colloquium.
There are two appendices attached to this paper to assist you in the formation of a realistic budget but please do not hesitate to contact the Society's Meetings Office (tel: +44 (0)20 7580 3481 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like further information or assistance.
Your proposal needs to:
1. State the case for the science programme (half page A4) in terms of e.g.:
2. State for which meeting your colloquium is proposed - one of the scheduled Biochemical Society main meetings, a hot topic, joint with another organization or independent meeting.
3. Name the organizers (plus "joint with" if appropriate), their addresses, affiliations and naming which organization if not Biochemical Society.
4. Provide a working title
5. State the proposed length of programme, e.g. one/two/three days
6. State a commitment to publish in Biochemical Society Transactions (except the Education Group)
7. List the proposed speakers, their topic titles, affiliation, and the country from which they are travelling. Please indicate a session for the presentation from one or two poster presenters - selected by the organizer.
8. Budget showing:
9 Give information, if known, about any competing meetings and the last known meeting on the topic in UK/rest of the world.
* Agreement by the Meetings Committee to fund and schedule the colloquium means that the organizer retains responsibility for the colloquium (and the budget) and also becomes a part of the meeting organizing committee. The Society's Meeting Office staff will liaise very closely with the organizer and will make most of the detailed arrangements.
Timetable for submission
Schedule of dates of the Meetings Committee for 2000